Jump to Main Content
- Norvill, Zane N.; Shilton, Andy; Guieysse, Benoit
- Journal of hazardous materials 2016 v.313 pp. 291-309
- algae; biodegradation; biomass; dissolved oxygen; hydrolysis; pH; photolysis; ponds; prediction; sorption; wastewater treatment
- ... Whereas the fate of emerging contaminants (ECs) during ‘conventional' and ‘advanced' wastewater treatment (WWT) has been intensively studied, little research has been conducted on the algal WWT ponds commonly used in provincial areas. The long retention times and large surface areas exposed to light potentially allow more opportunities for EC removal to occur, but experimental evidence is lacking ...
- Kim, Sok; Choi, Yoon-E; Yun, Yeoung-Sang
- Journal of hazardous materials 2016 v.313 pp. 29-36
- Escherichia coli; acetic acid; biomass; catalysts; dimethylformamide; industrial effluents; ion exchange resins; metal ions; polyethyleneimine; ruthenium; sorbents; sorption; spinning
- ... Recovery of precious metal ions from waste effluents is of high concern. In general, ruthenium (Ru) is used in the Cativa process as promoter for carbonylation catalyst and discharged into acetic acid effluent. In the present work, we have designed and developed polyethylenimine-coated polysulfone-bacterial biomass composite fiber (PEI-PSBF) to recover Ru from industrial effluent. The sorbent was ...