Jump to Main Content
- Chang Li; Xu Zhang; Yin Lu; Zheng Fan; Tiecheng Wang; Guoliang Zhang
- Journal of hazardous materials 2019 pp. -
- Brevibacillus; ammonium chloride; bacteria; biodegradation; bioreactors; carbon; dyeing; enzyme activity; finishing; glucose; industrial applications; ions; new genus; nucleotide sequences; pollutants; ribosomal DNA; sodium; sodium citrate; succinic acid; temperature; toxic substances; toxicity
- ... In this study, we discovered and isolated a new genus Brevibacillus strain from effluent of dyeing and finishing factory containing highly toxic p-chloroanilines (PCA). Based on the morphological, physiological and biochemical characteristics, as well as 16S rDNA sequence, the strain was identified and denominated as Brevibacillus S-618. Co-metabolism effect was found with extra carbon sources inc ...
- Juan Chen; Hai Chao Zhou; Chao Wang; Chun Quan Zhu; Nora Fung-Yee Tam
- Journal of hazardous materials 2015 v.300 pp. 84-92
- Aegiceras corniculatum; ammonium chloride; bacteria; bioavailability; biodegradation; mangrove soils; nitrogen; nitrogen content; phytoremediation; polluted soils; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; rhizosphere; tissues; urease
- ... Effects of nitrogen (N) addition on the microbial degradation and uptake of a mixture of BDE-47 and -209 by Aegiceras corniculatum, a typical mangrove plant species were investigated. At the end of 3-month experiment, a significant dissipation of BDE-47 was observed in the planted soil, and this dissipation, particularly in rhizosphere soil, was significantly accelerated by the frequent addition o ...