Jump to Main Content
- Tan, Hongbo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2020 v.387 pp. 121872
- aqueous solutions; cations; cement; cesium; energy; fluorescence; liquids; magnesium; nuclides; phosphates; potassium; radioactive waste; solidification; spectrometers; spectroscopy
- ... The use of immobilization methods to treat radioactive nuclear waste liquid is one of the most effective ways for preventing radioactive contamination. Understanding the solidification matrix for the immobilization behavior of radioactive ions is an important issue. In this work, ab initio calculation was used to study the solidification mechanism of Cs⁺ in K-struvite crystal in the aqueous solu ...
- Tan, Hongbo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2014 v.268 pp. 61-67
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; aluminum oxide; cement; chromium; energy; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; heavy metals; leaching; nitric acid; scanning electron microscopy; solidification; sulfuric acid; toxic substances; wastes
- ... Hazardous wastes are usually used in the Portland cement production in order to save energy, costs and/or stabilize toxic substances and heavy metals inside the clinker. This work focus on the stabilization/solidification on chromium (III) wastes by C3A and C3A hydrated matrix. The immobilization rate of chromium in C3A and the leaching characteristics of the C3A hydrated matrixes containing chrom ...