Jump to Main Content
- Selli, Elena, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2012 v.211-212 pp. 188-195
- adsorption; azo dyes; chromium; electron transfer; formic acid; gold; irradiation; nanogold; oxidation; pH; photocatalyst; pollutants; surface area; titanium dioxide
- ... Commercial TiO₂ samples with different phase composition and surface area were tested as photocatalysts in the photoinduced reduction of Cr(VI) in aqueous suspensions at pH 3.7 under UV–visible light irradiation. This reaction was also coupled with the simultaneous photocatalytic oxidation of the pollutant azo dye Acid Orange 8 (AO8) and of formic acid, acting as hole scavengers. The co-presence o ...
- Selli, Elena, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2012 v.211-212 pp. 203-207
- coatings; glass; paints; photocatalyst; polytetrafluoroethylene; powders; stainless steel; titanium dioxide
- ... The importance of the choice of a suitable substrate as supporting material for photoactive TiO₂, either in the form of powders or thin films or in photoactive paints, is frequently disregarded. In this paper four different supports (stainless steel, sand-blasted stainless steel, Teflon and glass) are object of investigation. The final aim is to verify the presence of interactions between the phot ...