Jump to Main Content
- Ye, Jie-Xu, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2018 v.342 pp. 589-596
- Alcaligenes; Pseudomonas putida; bioaugmentation; biodegradation; biofilters; biotechnology; dimethyl sulfide; microbial communities; pollutants; storage quality; sulfides; volatile organic compounds; wastes
- ... Volatile organic sulfide compounds (VOSCs) are usually resistant to biodegradation, thereby limiting the performance of traditional biotechnology dealing with waste gas containing such pollutants especially in mixture. In this study, a solid composite microbial inoculant (SCMI) was prepared to remove dimethyl sulfide (DMS) and propanethiol (PT). Given that the DMS degradation activity of Alcaligen ...
- Ye, Jie-Xu, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2016 v.302 pp. 232-240
- Pseudomonas putida; acetaldehyde; activated sludge; carbon dioxide; cell culture; isopropyl alcohol; metabolites; pollutants; sulfates
- ... Pseudomonas putida S-1 was isolated from activated sludge. This novel strain was capable of degrading malodorous 1-propanethiol (PT). PT degradation commenced with no lag phase by cells pre-grown in nutrition-rich media, such as Luria–Bertani (LB), and PT-contained mineral medium at specific growth rates of 0.10–0.19h⁻¹; this phenomenon indicated the operability of a large-scale cell culture. A po ...