Jump to Main Content
- Mellersh, Cathryn S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of heredity 2007 v.98 no.5 pp. 534-538
- alleles; chromosomes; databases; dogs; exons; inheritance (genetics); microsatellite repeats; mutation; patients; terriers; tight junctions
- ... Primary lens luxation (PLL), a painful and blinding inherited condition, is common in several breeds of terrier. Here we have examined the Veterinary Medical Database of patient encounters and Canine Eye Registration Foundation (CERF) cases records for the last 10 years and found the diagnosis recorded in 85 breeds. We have performed association analysis using a genome-wide microsatellite screen t ...
- Mellersh, Cathryn S., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of heredity 2007 v.98 no.5 pp. 531-533
- blindness; cataract; dogs; mutation; phenotype; purebreds; terriers
- ... Primary hereditary cataract (HC) is one of the most common disorders in purebred dogs and is a leading cause of blindness. Boston Terriers suffer from 2 distinct forms of HC which occur at different ages and which are different in their appearance and progression. Early-onset hereditary cataract (EHC) affects dogs within the first few months of life, is always progressive and bilateral, and result ...