Jump to Main Content
- Xiao, Fang; Yang, Zaiqiang; Han, Wei; Li, Yongxiu; Qiu, Yixuan; Sun, Qing; Zhang, Fangmin
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2018 v.93 no.3 pp. 306-315
- Solanum lycopersicum; calcium; carbon dioxide; carboxylation; carotenoids; catalase; chlorophyll; enzyme activity; flowering; gibberellic acid; hormones; indole acetic acid; irradiation; leaves; malondialdehyde; night temperature; peroxidase; photosynthesis; reactive oxygen species; stomatal conductance; superoxide dismutase; tomatoes; zeatin
- ... To study the effects of day and night temperature difference (DIF) on tomato growth, a controlled experiment using Solanum lycopersicum L., cv. Jinguan 5 was conducted. The daily mean temperature (Tm) was maintained at 18°C and 25°C, and the DIF was set at 0°C, 6°C, and 12°C. The results indicated that chlorophyll a (Chl a) and chlorophyll b (Chl b) gradually increased as DIF rose. At 18°C Tm, the ...
- Tanaka, Hideyuki; Murai, Koji; Nakanishi, Takao; Tezuka, Takhiro; Shiozaki, Shuji; Oda, Masayuki
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2018 v.93 no.6 pp. 652-658
- Solanum lycopersicum; biomass production; biotechnology; flowering; fruits; horticulture; leaves; nutrient solutions; planting; seedlings; starter fertilizers; stem elongation; tomatoes
- ... We stored plug seedlings of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L. cv. Momotaro) under limited fertilisation (LF) for 12 weeks, and evaluated growth and development during storage and after planting. Seedlings in the LF treatment were grown in substrate containing starter fertiliser and irrigated with water. Controls (CT) were irrigated with nutrient solution. Stem growth, leaf growth, and biomass accumu ...