Jump to Main Content
- Nasim, Akhtar
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2010 v.85 no.6 pp. 556-562
- Psidium guajava, etc ; 2,4-D; acclimation; agar; biotechnology; culture media; developmental stages; encapsulation; explants; germination; growth regulators; guavas; horticulture; liquids; micropropagation; plantlets; protocols; soil; somatic embryogenesis; somatic embryos; sucrose; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... An embryogenic protocol for plant regeneration of guava (Psidium guajava L.) was established using 10-week postanthesis, zygotic embryo explants. Somatic embryogenesis was induced on Murashige and Skoog medium (MS) containing 3% (w/v) sucrose, 0.8% (w/v) agar and various concentrations of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D) by continuous treatment of the zygotic embryo explants. Somatic embr ...
- Akhtar, Nasim
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2013 v.88 no.1 pp. 93-102
- Psidium guajava, etc ; 2,4-D; explants; flowering; guavas; metabolism; plant growth substances; putrescine; somatic embryogenesis; somatic embryos; spermidine; spermine; sucrose; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Somatic embryogenesis was induced in immature zygotic embryos of guava (Psidium guajava L.) at 10-weeks post anthesis using 2 - 38 d pulses and continuous treatments with different concentrations (0.001 - 3.0 mg l-1) of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D). Subsequent development of somatic embryos was observed by sub-culturing onto plant growth regulator (PGR)-free, full-strength Murashige and ...