Jump to Main Content
- Rai, Manoj K.; Jaiswal, Vijai S.; Jaiswal, Uma
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2008 v.83 no.5 pp. 569-573
- Psidium guajava, etc ; benzyladenine; biotechnology; calcium; calcium alginate; culture media; encapsulation; gels; genetically modified plants; genotype; germplasm exchange; guavas; horticulture; liquids; plantlets; sodium alginate; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Nodal segments obtained from in vitro grown plantlets of guava (Psidium guajava L.) were encapsulated in calcium alginate beads for germplasm exchange and distribution. The best gel complex for encapsulation of nodal segments was achieved using 3% (w/v) sodium alginate and 100 mM calcium chloride.The maximum conversion of encapsulated nodal segments into plantlets was obtained on growth regulat ...
- Nasim, Akhtar
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2010 v.85 no.6 pp. 556-562
- Psidium guajava, etc ; 2,4-D; acclimation; agar; biotechnology; culture media; developmental stages; encapsulation; explants; germination; growth regulators; guavas; horticulture; liquids; micropropagation; plantlets; protocols; soil; somatic embryogenesis; somatic embryos; sucrose; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... An embryogenic protocol for plant regeneration of guava (Psidium guajava L.) was established using 10-week postanthesis, zygotic embryo explants. Somatic embryogenesis was induced on Murashige and Skoog medium (MS) containing 3% (w/v) sucrose, 0.8% (w/v) agar and various concentrations of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D) by continuous treatment of the zygotic embryo explants. Somatic embr ...