Jump to Main Content
- Sønsteby, A.; Opstad, N.; Heide, O. M.
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2012 v.87 no.2 pp. 157-164
- Ribes nigrum, etc ; biotechnology; black currants; cultivars; flowering; growing season; horticulture; juveniles; photoperiod; summer; temperature; Norway; Russia; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Growth and flowering were studied in six black currant cultivars grown under natural photoperiodic conditions at Ås, Norway (59°40'N) at constant temperatures of 9°C, 15°C, or 21°C during an entire growing season (May to late- September). Growth cessation and floral initiation were advanced and promoted by increasing temperature in the cultivars ‘Öjebyn’, ‘Ben Tron’, ‘Kristin’, ‘Ben Hope’, and ...
- Sønsteby, A.; Heide, O.M.
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2013 v.88 no.4 pp. 403-408
- Ribes nigrum, etc ; altitude; black currants; bud initiation; crossing; cultivars; early development; flowering; growing season; latitude; provenance; seasonal variation; shoots; Lapland; Norway; Poland; Russia; Scandinavia; Scotland; Sweden; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Seasonal time-courses of flower bud initiation and differentiation were monitored during two growing seasons (2011 and 2012) in 19 black currant cultivars of distant geographic origin, grown in the field at a South Norwegian locality (60°40'N, 10°52'E; 250 m asl). For comparison, the time-courses of shoot elongation growth in 15 of the same cultivars were also monitored during the 2012 growing sea ...