Jump to Main Content
- Hatzilazarou, Stefanos; Kostas, Stefanos; Economou, Athanasios S.
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2019 v.94 no.4 pp. 441-447
- artificial seeds, etc ; Nerium oleander; acclimation; calcium chloride; clones; cold storage; encapsulation; explants; germination; greenhouses; indole butyric acid; liquids; micropropagation; shoot tips; sodium alginate; storage temperature; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... In this study, an efficient protocol for the regeneration of encapsulated explants of oleander (Nerium oleander L.) has been developed. Shoot tips and 1st nodal segments below the shoot tip, from in vitro-derived oleander microshoots, were encapsulated in 2.5% sodium alginate prepared in liquid MS sucrose-free nutrient medium and hardened in 50 mM of calcium chloride producing solid beads, uniform ...
- Alatar, Abdulrahman A.; Ahmad, Naseem; Javed, Saad B.; Abdel-Salam, Eslam M.; Bashai, Riyadh; Faisal, Mohammad
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2017 v.92 no.2 pp. 175-182
- artificial seeds, etc ; Vitex trifolia; acetic acid; benzyladenine; calcium alginate; encapsulation; genetic stability; germination; in vitro regeneration; indole butyric acid; medicinal plants; microsatellite repeats; naphthaleneacetic acid; rooting; roots; sodium alginate; storage time; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... In the present study we have developed an efficient and effective method of synthetic seed production and its two-way germination system of Vitex trifolia, for easy transport of the propagules and efficient utilization of its in vitro regeneration system. Nodal segments harvested from 8-week-old in vitro cultures were encapsulated in calcium alginate beads. Three percent (w/v) Na-alginate polymeri ...