Jump to Main Content
- Appleton, K. M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of human nutrition and dietetics 2018 v.31 no.1 pp. 121-130
- foods; portion size; questionnaires; vegetable consumption; vegetables; United Kingdom
- ... BACKGROUND: This project aimed to understand the details of the 5‐a‐day fruit and vegetable (FV) message (which foods are included, portion sizes, the need for variety, reasons for consumption) least known by UK consumers, and most associated with low FV consumption. METHODS: Study 1 assessed FV consumption, knowledge of the details of the message, and relationships between these, using a short qu ...
- Appleton, K. M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of human nutrition and dietetics 2017 v.30 no.1 pp. 105-113
- descriptive statistics; education; focus groups; food packaging; foods; guidelines; health promotion; portion size; questionnaires; vegetable consumption; vegetables; Australia
- ... BACKGROUND: Despite the known health benefits of fruit and vegetables (FV), population intakes remain low. One potential contributing factor may be a lack of understanding surrounding recommended intakes. The present study aimed to explore the understanding of FV intake guidelines among a sample of low FV consumers. METHODS: Six semi‐structured focus groups were held with low FV consumers (n = 28, ...