Jump to Main Content
- Crawford, Patricia B., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of hunger & environmental nutrition 2011 v.6 no.2 pp. 179-187
- beverages; candy; fish; food and nutrition programs; food choices; fruits; infrastructure; meat; nutritive value; poultry; raw fruit; snack foods; vegetables; New York
- ... This study examined food and beverage preferences of emergency food program (EFP) clients of the Food Bank of Central New York (Food Bank). Findings suggest that food pantry clients prefer to receive meat/poultry/fish, vegetables, and fruit over soda, candy, and snack foods. This new information supports the effort being made by the Food Bank to limit foods of minimal nutritional value while focus ...
- Crawford, Patricia B., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of hunger & environmental nutrition 2011 v.6 no.2 pp. 166-178
- cafeterias; nutrition labeling; snacks
- ... This study evaluated a calorie labeling intervention in Kaiser Permanente Hospital cafeterias. Three cafeteria conditions were no labeling; calorie and nutrient labeling on posters only; posters plus point-of-purchase menu board calorie labeling. More respondents noticed calorie information at poster plus menu board sites than at poster-only sites (P < 0.05). Over 80% of patrons supported provisio ...