Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Hyeonjun; Jang, Cheol-hee
- Journal of hydro-environment research 2019 v.22 pp. 14-18
- dredging; floods; guidelines; people; risk; river engineering; rivers; streams; waterways; Korean Peninsula
- ... Korean historical documents have abundant records of river works. Extensive related records during the Joseon Dynasty (CE 1392–1910) were investigated and analyzed. The evolution of man-made urban stream, Cheonggyecheon the center of old downtown Seoul, Korea was reviewed. In 1410, after a big flood, 52,800 soldiers were mobilized from whole country to improve waterway in the capital. King Sejong ...
- Kim, Jong-Suk; Jain, Shaleen; Kang, Ho-Yeong; Moon, Young-Il; Lee, Joo-Heon
- Journal of hydro-environment research 2019 v.22 pp. 50-56
- El Nino; La Nina; basins; dams (hydrology); disasters; humans; hydrology; risk; rivers; summer; typhoons; Korean Peninsula; Pacific Ocean
- ... East Asia, including the Korean Peninsula, is exposed to the typhoon-related risk, especially in the form of flooding. The aim of this study was to determine the hydrologic variability characteristics of the Soyang River Dam—a representative multipurpose dam in the Korean Han River basin—with a particular focus on the quantitative assessment of the sensitivity of daily inflow into the dam basin an ...