Jump to Main Content
- Paprota, Maciej; Sulisz, Wojciech
- Journal of hydro-environment research 2019 v.22 pp. 38-49
- algorithms; basins; computer techniques; hydraulic flumes; mathematical models; model validation; water waves
- ... An efficient semi-analytical solution to the problem of nonlinear water waves propagating at a constant depth is derived using parallel computing techniques. The approach is based on the assumptions of an irrotational flow of an inviscid and incompressible fluid. Velocity potential and free-surface displacement functions are represented in a form based on Fourier series satisfying a formulated ini ...
- Kim, Jong-Suk; Jain, Shaleen; Kang, Ho-Yeong; Moon, Young-Il; Lee, Joo-Heon
- Journal of hydro-environment research 2019 v.22 pp. 50-56
- El Nino; La Nina; basins; dams (hydrology); disasters; humans; hydrology; risk; rivers; summer; typhoons; Korean Peninsula; Pacific Ocean
- ... East Asia, including the Korean Peninsula, is exposed to the typhoon-related risk, especially in the form of flooding. The aim of this study was to determine the hydrologic variability characteristics of the Soyang River Dam—a representative multipurpose dam in the Korean Han River basin—with a particular focus on the quantitative assessment of the sensitivity of daily inflow into the dam basin an ...