Jump to Main Content
- Hwang, Hyoun-Tae; Park, Young-Jin; Frey, Steven K.; Callaghan, Michael V.; Berg, Steven J.; Lapen, David R.; Sudicky, Edward A.
- Journal of hydrology 2019 v.575 pp. 1253-1266
- farms; groundwater; groundwater extraction; hydrologic models; streams; surface water; tile drainage; water allocation; water flow; water rights; water supply; wells
- ... Hydrologic control structures are designed to connect or disconnect water movement in natural surface water-groundwater systems, and it is important to represent these features effectively within a finite difference/element model without over-discretization. This study presents efficient numerical schemes for operating water allocation and water rights systems in integrated hydrosystem models. We ...
- Herr, Henry D.; Krzysztofowicz, Roman
- Journal of hydrology 2019 v.575 pp. 1328-1344
- Bayesian theory; algorithms; hydrologic models; rivers; uncertainty
- ... A typical deficiency of ensemble forecasts is the lack of calibration; e.g., ensemble members are under-dispersed and, consequently, probabilities estimated from them cannot be taken at their face values. Self-calibration is one of the unique theoretic properties of the Bayesian forecasting system, BFS. Its ensemble version, EBFS, inherits this property, provided the ensemble size is large enough. ...