Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Liguang; Bauer-Gottwein, Peter
- Journal of hydrology 2019 v.572 pp. 486-500
- altitude, etc ; basins; humid zones; hydrologic models; prediction; rain; rain gauges; satellites; watersheds; China; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Accurate precipitation estimates are essential for reliable hydrological simulations of fluxes and states. Satellite precipitation products have been widely used for hydrological applications, especially for ungauged regions. The Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) product is starting to provide a new generation of precipitation estimates. This work first evaluates several GPM Integrated Multi- ...
- Sun, Wenchao; Wang, Yuanyuan; Fu, Yongshuo H.; Xue, Baolin; Wang, Guoqiang; Yu, Jingshan; Zuo, Depeng; Xu, Zongxue
- Journal of hydrology 2019 v.574 pp. 324-332
- altitude, etc ; arid zones; basins; data collection; dry environmental conditions; freshwater; growing season; normalized difference vegetation index; satellites; semiarid zones; spatial variation; temperature profiles; vegetation; water resources; watersheds; China; South Asia; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Changes in vegetation growth may influence the availability of water resources. Located on the Tibetan Plateau, the Yarlung Zangbo River Basin (YZRB) is a major freshwater source for Tibet, China and downstream South Asian countries, with high spatial heterogeneity in altitude and climate from the upstream to downstream regions. In this study, we combined satellite-based gridded datasets of the no ...