Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Jianzhong, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2018 v.565 pp. 474-488
- case studies; decision making; models; power generation; risk; risk analysis; runoff; water power; water resources
- ... Short-term power generation operation is an important content in the hydropower station management. Because of the limitation of forecast accuracy, there is error between the forecasted runoff process and actual runoff process. When the hydropower station operation is near the water level boundaries, such as normal water level or dead water level, this error is likely to bring the risk of water ab ...
- Zhou, Jianzhong, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2018 v.565 pp. 672-684
- case studies; entropy; flood control; hydrograph; risk; risk analysis; stream flow; uncertainty
- ... During flood control reservoir operation, uncertainties occur in flood forecasting, hydrograph shape, streamflow simulation, reservoir storage, water level, and discharge outflow. It is therefore important to analyze flood control risk due to these uncertainties. This study proposes a stochastic simulation method, comprising a copula-based simulation method accounting for flood forecasting uncerta ...