Jump to Main Content
- Mao, Wei; Yang, Jinzhong; Zhu, Yan; Ye, Ming; Liu, Zhao; Wu, Jingwei
- Journal of hydrology 2018 v.559 pp. 721-735
- soil water balance, etc ; agricultural land; drainage; equations; evapotranspiration; field capacity; models; regression analysis; saturated hydraulic conductivity; soil heterogeneity; soil water; soil water movement; space and time; water content; water flow; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Most soil water balance models only consider downward soil water movement driven by gravitational potential, and thus cannot simulate upward soil water movement driven by evapotranspiration especially in agricultural areas. In addition, the models cannot be used for simulating soil water movement in heterogeneous soils, and usually require many empirical parameters. To resolve these problems, this ...
- Jalilvand, Ehsan; Tajrishy, Masoud; Brocca, Luca; Massari, Christian; Ghazi Zadeh Hashemi, SedighehAlsadat; Ciabatta, Luca
- Journal of hydrology 2018 v.565 pp. 489-501
- soil water balance, etc ; clay; climate; drainage; equations; evapotranspiration; land cover; models; rain; runoff; soil heterogeneity; soil quality; soil texture; soil types; soil water; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The large heterogeneity in soil surface conditions makes it impracticable to obtain reliable estimates of soil hydraulic parameters for areas larger than few squared kilometers. However, identifying these parameters on a global scale is essential for many hydrological and climatic applications. In this study, a new approach named Drainage from Drydown (DfD) is proposed to estimate the coefficients ...