Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Jianzhong, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2018 v.565 pp. 341-353
- flood control; floods; hydrograph; risk analysis; rivers; China; Yangtze River
- ... Flood coincidence risk analysis is of great significance for reservoir operation and flood control. Traditional research only focuses on the coincidence of flood peak. Actually, when half or more than half of flood hydrographs of two rivers are overlapping, the flood event should be defined as flood coincidence. Thus, during the flood coincidence analysis, the whole hydrograph information should b ...
- Zhou, Jianzhong, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2018 v.565 pp. 672-684
- case studies; entropy; flood control; hydrograph; risk; risk analysis; stream flow; uncertainty
- ... During flood control reservoir operation, uncertainties occur in flood forecasting, hydrograph shape, streamflow simulation, reservoir storage, water level, and discharge outflow. It is therefore important to analyze flood control risk due to these uncertainties. This study proposes a stochastic simulation method, comprising a copula-based simulation method accounting for flood forecasting uncerta ...