Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Guowei
- Journal of hydrology 2013 v.476 pp. 345-351
- aquifers; coal; equations; mathematical models; mining; springs (water); wells; China
- ... Most of the coal mines of China are mining under the ground, so the artesian test which is one of the aquifer tests is conducted normally several hundred of meters below the earth surface. And the target aquifer is with very high hydraulic pressure, sometimes more than 3MPa. Because of the high hydraulic pressure, it is most difficult to control the rate of flow out of the artesian well. Moreover, ...
- Nourani, Vahid; Baghanam, Aida Hosseini; Adamowski, Jan; Gebremichael, Mekonnen
- Journal of hydrology 2013 v.476 pp. 228-243
- atmospheric precipitation; hydrologic models; model validation; neural networks; prediction; rain gauges; runoff; satellites; time series analysis; watersheds; Ethiopia
- ... In this paper, a two-level self-organizing map (SOM) clustering technique was used to identify spatially homogeneous clusters of precipitation satellite data, and to choose the most operative and effective data for a feed-forward neural network (FFNN) to model rainfall–runoff process on a daily and multi-step ahead time scale. The wavelet transform (WT) was also used to extract dynamic and multi-s ...