Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Jing; Reichert, Peter; Abbaspour, K.C.; Xia, Jun; Yang, Hong
- Journal of hydrology 2008 v.358 no.1-2 pp. 1-23
- Soil and Water Assessment Tool model; hydrologic models; watershed hydrology; mathematical models; statistical analysis; Monte Carlo method; Bayesian theory; uncertainty analysis; China
- ... Distributed watershed models are increasingly being used to support decisions about alternative management strategies in the areas of land use change, climate change, water allocation, and pollution control. For this reason it is important that these models pass through a careful calibration and uncertainty analysis. To fulfil this demand, in recent years, scientists have come up with various unce ...
- Wang, Xin-Ping; Cui, Yan; Pan, Yan-Xia; Li, Xin-Rong; Yu, Z.; Young, M.H.
- Journal of hydrology 2008 v.358 no.1-2 pp. 134-143
- rain; infiltration (hydrology); deserts; dunes; dune sand; dune soils; land restoration; vegetation; roots; water uptake; evapotranspiration; wetting front; soil water; shrubs; China
- ... Rainfall, the dominant source of water replenishment in the semi-arid sand dune area of north-western China, plays an important role in sustaining the desert ecosystem. An experiment to measure water balance associated with infiltration events was conducted on the re-vegetated sand dunes in the Tengger Desert, north-western China. The redistribution of infiltrated moisture in the course of percola ...