Jump to Main Content
- Collischonn, Bruno; Collischonn, Walter; Tucci, Carlos Eduardo Morelli
- Journal of hydrology 2008 v.360 no.1-4 pp. 207-216
- rain; remote sensing; satellites; estimation; watershed hydrology; hydrologic models; watersheds; Amazon River; Brazil; Amazonia
- ... Rainfall measurements by conventional raingauges provide relatively accurate estimates at a few points of a region. The actual rainfield can be approximated by interpolating the available raingauge data to the remaining of the area of interest. In places with relatively low gauge density such interpolated rainfields will be very rough estimates of the actual events. This is especially true for tro ...
- Zimmermann, Alexander; Germer, Sonja; Neill, Christopher; Krusche, Alex V.; Elsenbeer, Helmut
- Journal of hydrology 2008 v.360 no.1-4 pp. 87-102
- tropical rain forests; throughfall; rain; atmospheric deposition; solutes; spatial variation; temporal variation; ions; anions; cations; dissolved organic carbon; wet season; plant growth; Brazil
- ... The brief interaction of precipitation with a forest canopy can create a high spatial variability of both throughfall and solute deposition. We hypothesized that (i) the variability in natural forest systems is high but depends on system-inherent stability, (ii) the spatial variability of solute deposition shows seasonal dynamics depending on the increase in rainfall frequency, and (iii) spatial p ...