Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Miaomiao; Qi, Wenjing; Xu, Hongping; Yu, Huimin; Zhang, Shuliang; Shen, Zhongyao
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2019 v.46 no.11 pp. 1461-1467
- D-amino-acid oxidase; Rhodosporidium toruloides; absorption; amino acids; cephalosporins; immobilized enzymes; industrial applications; peptide libraries; porous media; silica; thermal stability
- ... Enzyme immobilization is widely used for large-scale industrial applications. However, the weak absorption through physical methods limits the recovery ability. Here, affinity-binding immobilization of enzymes was explored using a silica-specific affinity peptide (SAP) as a fusion tag to intensify the binding force between the enzyme and mesoporous silica (MPS) carrier. D-amino acid oxidase (DAAO) ...
- Ko, Hyunjun; Bae, Jung-Hoon; Sung, Bong Hyun; Kim, Mi-Jin; Kim, Chul-Ho; Oh, Baek-Rock; Sohn, Jung-Hoon
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2019 v.46 no.11 pp. 1611-1620
- Rahnella aquatilis; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; amino acids; batch fermentation; cost effectiveness; culture media; fermenters; fructose; industry; levan; levansucrase; membrane proteins; mitochondria; polymers; protein secretion; sucrose; yeasts
- ... Levan is a fructose polymer with diverse applications in the food and medical industries. In this study, levansucrase from Rahnella aquatilis (RaLsrA) was hyper-secreted using a Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein secretion system. An optimal secretion signal, a translation fusion partner (TFP) containing an N-terminal 98 amino acid domain from a mitochondrial inner membrane protein, UTH1, was employ ...