Jump to Main Content
- Liang, Keming; Shen, Claire R.
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2017 v.44 no.12 pp. 1605-1612
- Clostridium beijerinckii; Escherichia coli; Klebsiella pneumoniae; NAD (coenzyme); NADP (coenzyme); acetoin; biosynthesis; engineering; fermentation; phosphates; redox reactions
- ... Enzymatic reduction of acetoin into 2,3-butanediol (2,3-BD) typically requires the reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADH) or its phosphate form (NADPH) as electron donor. Efficiency of 2,3-BD biosynthesis, therefore, is heavily influenced by the enzyme specificity and the cofactor availability which varies dynamically. This work describes the engineering of cofactor flexibility for 2,3-B ...
- Mao, Xu-Ming; Luo, Shuai; Li, Yong-Quan
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2017 v.44 no.12 pp. 1653-1658
- Gram-positive bacteria; Streptomyces roseosporus; biosynthesis; daptomycin; lipopeptides; multigene family; mutants; pathogens; secondary metabolites; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Daptomycin, a lipopeptide antibiotic potently active against Gram-positive bacterial pathogens, is produced by Streptomyces roseosporus, but the transcriptional regulation on its biosynthesis is not fully understood. Here, we report that DepR2, an ArsR-family transcriptional regulator isolated previously by DNA-affinity purification, interacts directly with dptEp, the major promoter of the daptomy ...