Jump to Main Content
- Mao, Xu-Ming; Luo, Shuai; Li, Yong-Quan
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2017 v.44 no.12 pp. 1653-1658
- Gram-positive bacteria; Streptomyces roseosporus; biosynthesis; daptomycin; lipopeptides; multigene family; mutants; pathogens; secondary metabolites; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Daptomycin, a lipopeptide antibiotic potently active against Gram-positive bacterial pathogens, is produced by Streptomyces roseosporus, but the transcriptional regulation on its biosynthesis is not fully understood. Here, we report that DepR2, an ArsR-family transcriptional regulator isolated previously by DNA-affinity purification, interacts directly with dptEp, the major promoter of the daptomy ...
- Ismail, Abbas; Illias, Rosli Md.
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2017 v.44 no.12 pp. 1627-1641
- Escherichia coli; amino acids; asparaginase; cell death; culture media; cyclomaltodextrin glucanotransferase; excretion; hydrophobicity; mutagenesis; mutants; protein synthesis; recombinant proteins; secretion; signal peptide
- ... The excretion of cyclodextrin glucanotransferase (CGTase) into the culture medium offers significant advantages over cytoplasmic expression. However, the limitation of Escherichia coli is its inability to excrete high amount of CGTase outside the cells. In this study, modification of the hydrophobic region of the N1R3 signal peptide using site-saturation mutagenesis improved the excretion of CGTas ...