Jump to Main Content
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2017 v.44 no.3 pp. 477-488
- 1-propanol; Escherichia coli; NAD (coenzyme); aldehyde dehydrogenase; glycerol
- ... Glycerol dehydratase (GDHt), which converts glycerol to 3-hydroxypropionaldehyde, is essential to the production of 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PDO) or 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP). A reliable GDHt activity assay in crude-cell extract was developed. In the assay, GDHt converted 1,2-propanediol (1,2-PDO) to propionaldehyde, which was further converted to 1-propionic acid by aldehyde dehydrogenase (KGSAD ...
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2014 v.41 no.7 pp. 1039-1050
- Escherichia coli; acid tolerance; aldehyde dehydrogenase; biological production; bioreactors; glycerol; organic acids and salts; protein synthesis; toxicity
- ... The biological production of 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) has attracted significant attention because of its industrial importance. The low titer, yield and productivity, all of which are related directly or indirectly to the toxicity of 3-HP, have limited the commercial production of 3-HP. The aim of this study was to identify and select a 3-HP tolerant Escherichia coli strain among nine strain ...