Jump to Main Content
- LÜ, Feng-lian; HOU, Miao-miao; ZHANG, Hong-tao; Khan, Asif; Ayaz, Muhammad; QIANGJIU, Ciren; HU, Chang-lu; YANG, Xue-yun; SUN, Ben-hua; ZHANG, Shu-lan
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2019 v.18 no.1 pp. 169-178
- Zea mays; corn; cropping systems; crops; environmental impact; farming systems; fertilizer rates; grain yield; greenhouse gas emissions; nitrogen; nitrous oxide; nutrient use efficiency; small farms; surveys; winter wheat; China
- ... A high crop yield with the minimum possible cost to the environment is generally desirable. However, the complicated relationships among crop production, nitrogen (N) use efficiency and environmental impacts must be clearly assessed. We conducted a series of on-farm N application rate experiments to establish the linkage between crop yield and N2O emissions in the Guanzhong Plain in Northwest Chin ...
- LIU, Wei-guo; Hussain, Sajad; LIU, Ting; ZOU, Jun-lin; REN, Meng-lu; ZHOU, Tao; LIU, Jiang; YANG, Feng; YANG, Wen-yu
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2019 v.18 no.1 pp. 43-53
- biosynthesis; cinnamyl alcohol dehydrogenase; continuous cropping; corn; cultivars; enzyme activity; field experimentation; intercropping; ligases; light intensity; lignin; lignin content; lodging; lodging resistance; peroxidase; phenylalanine ammonia-lyase; planting; seedlings; shade tolerance; soybeans; xylem
- ... Lodging is the most important constraint for soybean growth at seedling stage in maize-soybean relay strip intercropping system. In the field experiments, three soybean cultivars Nandou 032-4 (shade susceptible cultivar; B1), Jiuyuehuang (moderately shade tolerant cultivar; B2), and Nandou 12 (shade tolerant cultivar; B3) were used to evaluate the relationship between stem stress and lignin metabo ...