Jump to Main Content
- MENG, Zhong-ju; GAO, Yong; YU, Yi; REN, Xiao-meng
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2013 v.12 no.8 pp. 1409-1413
- agricultural resources; case studies; corn; crops; evaporation; humans; industry; irrigation rates; land productivity; oases; population growth; rivers; runoff; water distribution; wheat; China; Yellow River
- ... Hetao Plain, composed of hundreds of oases, is one of the most important grain-producing areas in China. Most crops, especially wheat and corn, depend on irrigation, thus water availability is a key issue for grain productivity on this land. The Yellow River is the main water source for irrigation and a crisis of water resources for agricultural use occurs because of increasingly reduced river flo ...
- LI, Wen-jiang; LI, Lin-jun; QIU, Guo-yu
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2013 v.12 no.8 pp. 1341-1349
- business enterprises; case studies; cities; construction industry; electricity; energy; energy costs; energy resources; finance; gross domestic product; industrialization; intensive farming; manufacturing; planning; regression analysis; sustainable agriculture; traditional farming; urbanization; China
- ... Although water and energy resources are well-recognized concerns regarding economic and social development sustainability, little specific research has focused on both water and energy problems at the same time. This study analyzed the water and electricity-use patterns in Shenzhen, South China during 2001-2009. A curve regression method was used to examine the relationship between water and elect ...