Jump to Main Content
- YANG, Da-wen; CHEN, He; LEI, Hui-min
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2013 v.12 no.8 pp. 1316-1329
- air temperature; climatic factors; cropland; crops; diurnal variation; ecosystems; energy; evapotranspiration; growing season; heat transfer; relative humidity; remote sensing; satellites; stomatal movement; vapor pressure; water management; China
- ... A key issue of applying remotely sensed data to estimate evapotranspiration (ET) for water management is extrapolating instantaneous latent heat flux (LE) at satellite over-passing time to daily ET total. At present, the most commonly used extrapolation methods have the same assumption that evaporative fraction (EF) can be treated as constant during daytime (so-called EF self-preservation). Howeve ...
- ZHU, Li-wei; ZHAO, Ping
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2013 v.12 no.8 pp. 1350-1356
- Schima superba; air; cooling; dry season; energy; evapotranspiration; global warming; heat; hydrologic cycle; sap flow; sapwood; temperature; temporal variation; transpiration; trees; urban areas; water stress; wet season; China
- ... Agriculture could suffer the water stress induced by climate change. Because climate warming affects global hydrological cycles, it is vital to explore the effect of tree transpiration, as an important component of terrestrial evapotranspiration, on the environment. Thermal dissipation probes were used to measure xylem sap flux density of a Schima superba plantation in the urban area of Guangzhou ...