Jump to Main Content
- JIANG, Zhi-yun; LI, Xiao-yan; MA, Yu-jun
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2013 v.12 no.8 pp. 1389-1395
- corn; crop yield; energy; energy conservation; flax; global change; irrigation; life cycle assessment; population growth; rain; runoff; semiarid zones; spring wheat; vegetables; water harvesting; water stress; water supply; water use efficiency; China
- ... Water is the source of all the creatures on the earth and energy is the main factor driving the world. With the increasing population and global change, water and energy conservation have become worldwide focal issues, particularly in the water-stressed and energy-limited regions. Rainwater harvesting, based on the collection and storage of rainfall runoff, has been widely used for domestic use an ...
- LI, Cheng; WANG, Yue; QIU, Guo-yu
- Journal of integrative agriculture 2013 v.12 no.8 pp. 1330-1340
- arable soils; cost effectiveness; electricity; energy; energy conservation; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; groundwater; groundwater extraction; irrigation; irrigation water; issues and policy; oases; population growth; semiarid zones; socioeconomics; water supply; water table
- ... Water used in agriculture consumes much energy, mainly due to pumping water for irrigation, but the water-energy nexus is always neglected in arid and semi-arid areas. Based on hydrological observation data, irrigation data and socio-economic data over the past 50 yr, this study has derived a detailed estimate of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from agricultural water use in the Minqin Oasis. Resul ...