Jump to Main Content
- Li, Lian-Cheng, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of integrative plant biology 2011 v.53 no.7 pp. 570-585
- drought; engineering; freezing; gene interaction; genes; plant development; stress response; transcription factors; transgenic plants
- ... You-Zhi Ma(Corresponding author) Plants have acquired sophisticated stress response systems to adapt to changing environments. It is important to understand plants' stress response mechanisms in the effort to improve crop productivity under stressful conditions. The AP2/ERF transcription factors are known to regulate diverse processes of plant development and stress responses. In this study, the m ...
- Li, Lian-Cheng, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of integrative plant biology 2009 v.51 no.1 pp. 58-66
- Arabidopsis; Oryza sativa; Triticum aestivum; abscisic acid; active sites; amino acid sequences; amino acids; cDNA libraries; chromosomes; cold stress; complementary DNA; drought; drought tolerance; ethylene; gene overexpression; leaves; messenger RNA; methyl jasmonate; open reading frames; phylogeny; protein kinases; rapid amplification of cDNA ends; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; rice; roots; salicylic acid; seedlings; signal transduction; stems; stress response; transgenic plants; wheat
- ... Protein kinases play crucial roles in response to external environment stress signals. A putative protein kinase, W55a, belonging to SNF1-related protein kinase 2 (SnRK2) subfamily, was isolated from a cDNA library of drought-treated wheat seedlings. The entire length of W55a was obtained using rapid amplification of 5' cDNA ends (5'-RACE) and reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction(RT-PCR ...