Jump to Main Content
- Sanz‐Sáez, Álvaro, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of integrative plant biology 2016 v.58 no.11 pp. 914-926
- absorption; carbon; carbon dioxide fixation; filling period; flowering; gas exchange; genotype; grain yield; isotopes; leaves; nitrogen; nutrient solutions; organic matter; photosynthesis; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; seeds; sowing; wheat
- ... The role of wheat ears as a source of nitrogen (N) and carbon (C) in the grain filling process has barely been studied. To resolve this question, five wheat genotypes were labeled with ¹⁵N‐enriched nutrient solution. N remobilization and absorption were estimated via the nitrogen isotope composition of total organic matter and Rubisco. Gas exchange analyses showed that ear photosynthesis contribut ...
- Sanz‐Sáez, Álvaro, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of integrative plant biology 2014 v.56 no.5 pp. 492-504
- aboveground biomass; breeding; correlation; cultivars; genetic improvement; genotype; grain yield; harvest index; leaves; photosynthesis; seeds; stomatal conductance; water use efficiency; winter wheat; China
- ... This experiment aims to test the traits responsible for the increase in yield potential of winter wheat released in Henan Province, China. Seven established cultivars released in the last 20 years and three advanced lines were assayed. The results showed that grain yield was positively correlated with harvest index (HI), kernel number per square meter, and aboveground biomass. In addition, the HI ...