Jump to Main Content
- Shen, Songdong, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of integrative plant biology 2011 v.53 no.1 pp. 25-34
- Ulva prolifera; Ulvales; algal blooms; chlorophyll; coasts; fluorescence; photosynthesis; spores; thallus; China
- ... In mid-May 2008 a serious green tide caused mainly by floating Ulva prolifera (Müller) J. Agardh (Chlorophyta, Ulvales) thalli struck the coastal area of Qingdao, China. To understand the present physiological conditions of the floating alga, in this work both laboratory and field investigations were conducted on the floating U. prolifera thalli in comparison with the attached U. prolifera thalli ...
- Shen, Songdong, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of integrative plant biology 2008 v.50 no.5 pp. 622-629
- Ulva prolifera; asexual reproduction; germ cells; life history; macroalgae
- ... Enteromorpha prolifera (Muell.) J. Agardh (Chlorophyta, Ulvophyceae), which is distributed widely in the inter-tidal zone of the ocean, is one of the most common fouling green algae. However, the present understandings of the life history of E. prolifera have been insufficient to explain their seasonal abundances. Thus it is essential to investigate how many reproductive strategies are likely to c ...