Jump to Main Content
- Xiong, Bo; Song, Yuhe
- Journal of international food & agribusiness marketing 2018 v.30 no.4 pp. 343-354
- avocados; case studies; imports; models; prediction; China
- ... The advancement of data science and technology presents a unique opportunity to understand rapidly evolving dietary trend around the world. In this case study, we show that the Baidu index, a measurement of the intensity of user searches for specific words, helps explain and forecast the growth of avocado imports in China. Specifically, we find that China’s avocado imports rise by 8% in response t ...
- Coary, Sean P.; Baskin, Ernest
- Journal of international food & agribusiness marketing 2018 v.30 no.4 pp. 382-391
- beverages; case studies; excise tax; prices
- ... A 1.5 cent per ounce excise tax was implemented on all sweetened beverages (SBs) in Philadelphia County on January 1, 2017 at the distributor level. As the tax is on the distributor, retailers must determine the passthrough rate of this tax to the shelf price for SBs as well as determine the prices for SB substitutes. This paper investigates the pricing of SBs and their substitutes at retailers bo ...