Jump to Main Content
- Coary, Sean P.; Baskin, Ernest
- Journal of international food & agribusiness marketing 2018 v.30 no.4 pp. 382-391
- beverages; case studies; excise tax; prices
- ... A 1.5 cent per ounce excise tax was implemented on all sweetened beverages (SBs) in Philadelphia County on January 1, 2017 at the distributor level. As the tax is on the distributor, retailers must determine the passthrough rate of this tax to the shelf price for SBs as well as determine the prices for SB substitutes. This paper investigates the pricing of SBs and their substitutes at retailers bo ...
- Khan, Jahangir; Khanal, Aditya R.; Lim, Kar Ho; Jan, Abbas Ullah; Shah, Syed A.
- Journal of international food & agribusiness marketing 2018 v.30 no.4 pp. 392-408
- contingent valuation; education; fruits; households; income; pesticides; prices; socioeconomic factors; surveys; willingness to pay; Pakistan
- ... This paper analyzes factors influencing consumption decision of pesticide free fruits (PFF) and estimates the willingness to pay (WTP) price premium for PFF in Pakistan. A contingent valuation survey of 200 households was conducted using face to face interview and payment card method. Results suggested that 93.5% respondents were WTP higher prices for PFF. Remarkably, around 35% respondents were W ...