Jump to Main Content
- Ben Khedher, Saoussen; Boukedi, Hanen; Dammak, Mariam; Kilani-Feki, Olfa; Sellami-Boudawara, Tahya; Abdelkefi-Mesrati, Lobna; Tounsi, Slim
- Journal of invertebrate pathology 2017 v.144 pp. 11-17
- Spodoptera littoralis, etc ; Bacillus amyloliquefaciens; Bacillus thuringiensis; additive effect; basement membrane; bioassays; biological control agents; biosurfactants; brush border membrane vesicles; histopathology; insecticidal properties; instars; larvae; lethal concentration 50; metabolites; midgut; necrosis; pests; receptors; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Spodoptera littoralis, one of the most serious and destructive agricultural pests in the world, is very susceptible to Vip3 toxin. In order to develop a new efficient bioinsecticide and to prevent the development of resistance by the target pest, insecticidal activity of biosurfactant produced by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens AG1 was evaluated against S. littoralis. Bioassays revealed the susceptibil ...
- Gomis-Cebolla, Joaquín; Ruiz de Escudero, Iñigo; Vera-Velasco, Natalia Mara; Hernández-Martínez, Patricia; Hernández-Rodríguez, Carmen Sara; Ceballos, Tomás; Palma, Leopoldo; Escriche, Baltasar; Caballero, Primitivo; Ferré, Juan
- Journal of invertebrate pathology 2017 v.142 pp. 60-67
- Spodoptera littoralis, etc ; Agrotis ipsilon; Bacillus thuringiensis; Chrysodeixis chalcites; Cydia pomonella; Mamestra brassicae; Ostrinia nubilalis; Trichoplusia ni; binding sites; brush border membrane vesicles; cross resistance; epithelial cells; histopathology; insecticidal proteins; insects; juices; larvae; mechanism of action; midgut; proteolysis; resistance management; screening; toxicity; toxins; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... The Vip3Ca protein, discovered in a screening of Spanish collections of Bacillus thuringiensis, was known to be toxic to Chrysodeixis chalcites, Mamestra brassicae and Trichoplusia ni. In the present study, its activity has been tested with additional insect species and we found that Cydia pomonella is moderately susceptible to this protein. Vip3Ca (of approximately 90kDa) was processed to an appr ...