Jump to Main Content
- Banti, Maria Α.; Kiachidis, Kyriakos; Gemitzi, Alexandra
- Journal of land use science 2019 v.14 no.1 pp. 21-36
- anthropogenic activities; carbon dioxide; climate change; ecological footprint; economic recession; forests; land use; normalized difference vegetation index; remote sensing; temperature; urban areas; Greece; Mediterranean region
- ... Our work deals with the estimation of spatio-temporal vegetation trends in various land use types in a typical Mediterranean country like Greece. Analysis of vegetation during all seasons was performed using remotely sensed Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) during 2000–2017 in conjunction with the various land use environments. Results highlighted the dominating vegetation greening all ...
- Jagarnath, Meryl; Thambiran, Tirusha; Gebreslasie, Michael
- Journal of land use science 2019 v.14 no.1 pp. 81-109
- climate change; computer software; green infrastructure; landscapes; metropolitan areas; models; planning; temporal variation; urbanization; South Africa
- ... Urbanization is one of the most significant and irreversible forms of land change, but we lack empirical evidence of these changes in the Global South. This is the first study to quantify past and explore future land change for the Durban metropolitan, using Land Change Modeler (LCM) software. Results show between 1994–2016, the total changed area was 118,403 ha (47% of landscape) and eleven trans ...