Jump to Main Content
- Lawal, Olanrewaju
- Journal of land use science 2016 v.11 no.2 pp. 222-235
- data collection; land use change; landscapes; morphometry; neural networks; socioeconomic factors
- ... The incorporation of land use (LU) data with socioeconomic data is a main issue in modelling. This is as a result of difference in data model and scale. This study proposed and tested the change–pattern approach, which allows the incorporation of these data sets in modelling LU change. Focusing on LU dynamics for a selected part of the Thames Gateway within the City of London, the approach tested ...
- Mialhe, François; Gunnell, Yanni; Mering, Catherine; Gaillard, Jean-Christophe; Coloma, June Gonzales; Dabbadie, Lionel
- Journal of land use science 2016 v.11 no.2 pp. 236-256
- aquaculture; coasts; fish ponds; habitats; interviews; land use change; landscapes; markets; remote sensing; Philippines
- ... This study documents the event chronology and causes of land-use change in a deltaic region of the Philippines since the beginnings of aquaculture in the late nineteenth century. Satellite images and topographic maps spanning the period 1972–2013 were processed to map fishponds and the natural habitats over which they have encroached. Historical archives were consulted and interviews were conducte ...