Jump to Main Content
- HABERMAN, Juta, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of limnology 2017 v.77 no.1
- basins; case studies; climate; climate change; ecosystems; environmental factors; fish; fisheries; fisheries management; lakes; phosphorus; phytoplankton; piscivores; planktivores; pollution load; sport fishing; trophic levels; water quality; water temperature; watersheds; Lake Geneva; Lake Maggiore
- ... Through cascading effects within lake food webs, commercial and recreational fisheries may indirectly affect the abundances of organisms at lower trophic levels, such as phytoplankton, even if they are not directly consumed. So far, interactive effects of fisheries, changing trophic state and climate upon lake ecosystems have been largely overlooked. Here we analyse case studies from five European ...
- HABERMAN, Juta, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of limnology 2014 v.73 no.2 pp. 11
- Copepoda; Rotifera; ecosystems; eutrophication; lakes; monitoring; species diversity; surface water; zooplankton
- ... On the basis of long-term (1964-2011) research, we tested the hypothesis that the zooplankton community has a highly indicative value in assessing the ecosystem and trophic state of water bodies. Basing on the results of our study and taking into account relevant data from numerous zooplankton studies, we can conclude that the zooplankton measures deserving to be used as indicators in the monitori ...