Jump to Main Content
- Coromina, Helena Matabosch; Walsh, Darren A.; Mokaya, Robert
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2015 v.4 no.1 pp. 280-289
- micropores, etc ; Camellia japonica; activated carbon; biomass; carbon dioxide; combustion; flue gas; grasses; hydrochars; hydrothermal carbonization; porosity; porous media; potassium hydroxide; surface area; temperature; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... We report on the synthesis and CO₂ uptake capabilities of a series of activated carbons derived from the biomass raw materials Jujun grass and Camellia japonica. The carbons were prepared via hydrothermal carbonization of the raw materials, which yielded hydrochars that were activated with KOH at temperature between 600 and 800 °C. Carbons activated at KOH/hydrochar ratio of 2 have moderate to hig ...
- Lim, Zi-Yian; Wu, Chunzheng; Wang, Wei Guo; Choy, Kwang-Leong; Yin, Hongfeng
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2015 v.4 no.1 pp. 153-159
- micropores, etc ; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; catalysts; catalytic activity; energy; fuel cells; hydrogen; hydrogen production; industrial applications; methane; nickel; oil refining; porosity; steam; transmission electron microscopy; zirconium oxide; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Hydrogen is an emerging energy source/carrier for oil refining and fuel cell applications. The development of an efficient and stable catalyst to produce hydrogen-rich gas is required for industrial application. The Ni@yolk-ZrO₂ catalyst could be a potential solution to tackle the challenges in hydrogen production. The catalyst was characterized using a combination of XRD, TEM, AAS, TPR, BET, and ...