Jump to Main Content
- Eftekhari, Ali; Ramanujam, Balaji
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2017 v.5 no.17 pp. 7710-7731
- active sites; batteries; carbon; catalysts; catalytic activity; cathodes; electric vehicles; electrochemistry; energy; oxides; surface area; surveys; transition elements
- ... Li–O₂ batteries are among the most promising electrochemical energy storage systems, which have attracted significant attention over the past five years due to their potential to satisfy new demands such as powering electric vehicles. However, Li–O₂ batteries are lagging behind their rivals, because of the complicated nature of the cathode processes. Despite numerous efforts, our knowledge is very ...
- Cao, Jianyu; Zhu, Zhentao; Xu, Juan; Tao, Meng; Chen, Zhidong
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2017 v.5 no.17 pp. 7944-7951
- active sites; batteries; catalysts; durability; electrochemistry; energy; glassy carbon electrode; graphene; nitrogen; protons; pyrolysis; redox reactions; storage technology
- ... The redox flow battery (RFB) is considered one of the most attractive energy storage technologies because of its high efficiency, long service life and great safety. In this work, nitrogen-doped porous graphene (NPG) was achieved by embedding nitrogen atoms into the graphitic matrix via a sacrificial-template-assisted pyrolysis approach, and then was employed to catalyze electrochemically the redo ...