Jump to Main Content
- XuThese authors contributed equally., Anxiu; Zhou, Liwei; Deng, Yi; Chen, Xianshen; Xiong, Xiaoling; Deng, Feng; Wei, Shicheng
- Journal of materials chemistry B 2016 v.4 no.10 pp. 1878-1890
- micro-computed tomography, etc ; Beagle; Staphylococcus aureus; additive effect; alkaline phosphatase; antibacterial properties; bacterial adhesion; bacterial infections; biocomposites; biomechanics; calcium; carbon fibers; chemical bonding; chitosan; dental prosthesis; enzyme activity; fluorescent labeling; histology; humans; in vivo studies; mesenchymal stromal cells; models; modulus of elasticity; orthopedics; peptides; protein synthesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; risk; scanning electron microscopy; tibia; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... Carbon fiber-reinforced polyetheretherketone (CFRPEEK) possesses biomechanical properties such as elastic modulus similar to human bones and is becoming a dominant alternative to replace the traditional metallic implants. The defective osseointegration and bacterial infection risk of CFRPEEK, however, impede its clinical adoption. In the current study, a newly-developed carbon fiber-reinforced pol ...
- Fang, Xingxing; Xie, Jin; Zhong, Lixin; Li, Jierong; Rong, Dongming; Li, Xiongshen; Ouyang, Jun
- Journal of materials chemistry B 2016 v.4 no.6 pp. 1070-1080
- micro-computed tomography, etc ; adhesion; alkaline phosphatase; biomimetic materials; biomimetics; bone formation; bones; chemical composition; coculture; extracellular matrix; gelatin; gene expression; genes; hydrogels; messenger RNA; models; rats; separation; staining; stem cells; tissue engineering; viability; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Bone tissue engineering is an exciting research area that develops functional strategies for the most challenging bone related clinical issues. Among the numerous materials used in this area, biomimetic materials have been developed amazingly over the past decades. In this study, biomimetic gelatin methacrylamide (Bio-GelMA) hydrogel scaffolds have been fabricated to mimic both the physical archit ...