Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Qiangqiang; Zhang, Baoqiang; Yu, Yikang; Zhao, Keren; He, Pingge; Huang, Boyun
- Journal of materials science 2018 v.53 no.1 pp. 528-537
- foams, etc ; air flow; coatings; electrical conductivity; graphene; hydrophobicity; microstructure; nickel; silicon; temperature; vapors; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... A fluoroalkyl-silane (FS)-modified three-dimensional (3D) graphene foam (GF) composite (FS-GF) with a hierarchical porous microstructure was fabricated via a nickel foam template chemical vapor deposition and followed modification. The 3D GF, as an electrically conductive framework and hydrophobic porous substrate, was grafted with FS to further improve the hydrophobicity due to its long non-polar ...
- Gavin, Chanelle; Verbeek, Casparus J. R.; Lay, Mark C.
- Journal of materials science 2018 v.53 no.22 pp. 15703-15716
- plastic foams, etc ; biodegradability; biopolymers; blood meal; compression strength; hemoglobin; models; modulus of elasticity; packaging; polystyrenes; polyurethanes; serum albumin; temperature; thermoplastics; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Novatein® is a patented thermoplastic biopolymer produced from denatured haemoglobin and serum albumin proteins, in blood meal. This material is biodegradable after processing, and when foamed could provide an alternative to expanded polystyrene and polyurethane for short-term applications such as packaging. This study aims to investigate the effect of processing temperature on foam density and mo ...