Jump to Main Content
- Luo, Fang; Ling, Ying; Zhang, Quan; Yu, Xinxin; Liu, Qingting; Yang, Zehui
- Journal of materials science 2017 v.52 no.14 pp. 8412-8420
- carbon; carbon nanotubes; coatings; electrodes; electrolytes; fuel cells; nanoparticles; paper; platinum; polymers; scanning electron microscopy
- ... We described a new concept, carbon paper-free membrane electrode assembly (MEA) fabricated from Nafion membrane and multi-walled carbon nanotubes-based electrocatalyst, in which platinum nanoparticles were deposited on carbon nanotubes after coating with pyridine–polybenzimidazole (PyPBI). Polymer-coated carbon nanotubes served as platinum nanoparticles support and current collector in carbon pape ...
- Feng, Yuanchao; Chen, Shougang; Frank Cheng, Y.
- Journal of materials science 2017 v.52 no.14 pp. 8576-8590
- atomic force microscopy; carbon; chlorides; corrosion; dielectric spectroscopy; electrolytes; gravity; models; nanoparticles; pH; silica; steel; triazoles
- ... In this work, smart nanocontainers were prepared by polyelectrolyte deposition on SiO₂ nanoparticles to encapsulate corrosion inhibitors, i.e., benzotriazole (BTA). Various materials analysis techniques, including Fourier transform infrared, thermal gravity analysis and atomic force microscopy, were used to characterize the nanocontainers and confirm the loading of BTA. The pH selectivity for self ...