Jump to Main Content
- Nino, Juan C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of materials science 2015 v.50 no.21 pp. 7000-7009
- hardness; microstructure; pellets; polymers; porosity; silicon carbide; temperature; thermal conductivity
- ... Silicon carbide is used for a variety of applications, however, sintering still remains a challenge due to the high temperature and pressure required as well as the need for sintering aids. The use of preceramic polymers as binder is a promising technique for pressureless low-temperature sintering of SiC without sintering aids. However, the mechanical and thermophysical properties as well as the m ...
- Nino, Juan C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of materials science 2014 v.49 no.4 pp. 1630-1638
- Raman spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; ceramics; dental prosthesis; grazing; grinding; heat treatment; microstructure; patients; phase transition; roughness
- ... Zirconia-based dental prostheses undergo various grinding steps and heat treatments in preparation for dental patient use. Post-sintered grinding induces a tetragonal-to-monoclinic phase transformation that may lead to failure. These grinding conditions were simulated on fully sintered yttria-stabilized zirconia (Ivoclar IPS e.max ZirCAD, Ivoclar Vivadent, Schaan, Liechtenstein) using two applied ...