Jump to Main Content
- Ebru Demirel Sezer; Latife Merve Oktay; Elif Karadadaş; Hikmet Memmedov; Nur Selvi Gunel; Eser Sözmen
- Journal of medicinal food 2019 v.22 no.11 pp. 1118-1126
- 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid; Vaccinium myrtillus; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apoptosis; blueberries; cytotoxicity; diet; flow cytometry; fruit extracts; kaempferol; liquid chromatography; neoplasms; oxidants; oxidative stress; polyphenols; protein composition; protein microarrays; proteins; quercetin; tandem mass spectrometry; therapeutics
- ... In recent years, natural products gained popularity with their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects mediated by chemical compounds within their composition. Study results offering them as palliative therapy options in cancer or as anticancer agents with high levels of cytotoxicity brought a new approach to combine cancer treatment protocols with these products. From a different perspective, e ...
- An-Chin Cheng; Ching-Ju Shen; Chao-Ming Hung; Yi-Chiang Hsu
- Journal of medicinal food 2019 v.22 no.5 pp. 444-450
- DNA; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; breast neoplasms; carcinoma; cell cycle checkpoints; cell proliferation; chemoprevention; cyclins; flow cytometry; histone deacetylase; interphase; neoplasm cells; sulforaphane
- ... Studies have identified the potential of chemopreventive effects of sulforaphane (SFN); however, the underlying mechanisms of its effect on breast cancer require further elucidation. This study investigated the anticancer effects of SFN that specifically induces G1/S arrest in breast ductal carcinoma (ZR-75-1) cells. The proliferation of the cancer cells after treatment with SFN was detected by 3- ...
- PubMed Central: