Jump to Main Content
- Sezer, Ebru Demirel; Oktay, Latife Merve; Karadadaş, Elif; Memmedov, Hikmet; Selvi Gunel, Nur; Sözmen, Eser
- Journal of medicinal food 2019 v.22 no.11 pp. 1118-1126
- 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid; Vaccinium myrtillus; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apoptosis; blueberries; cytotoxicity; diet; flow cytometry; fruit extracts; kaempferol; liquid chromatography; neoplasms; oxidants; oxidative stress; polyphenols; protein composition; protein microarrays; proteins; quercetin; tandem mass spectrometry; therapeutics
- ... In recent years, natural products gained popularity with their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects mediated by chemical compounds within their composition. Study results offering them as palliative therapy options in cancer or as anticancer agents with high levels of cytotoxicity brought a new approach to combine cancer treatment protocols with these products. From a different perspective, e ...
- Jesuz, Vanessa Azevedo de; Elias Campos, Monique de Barros; Rosse de Souza, Vanessa; Bede, Teresa Palmiciano; Moraes, Bianca Portugal Tavares de; Silva, Adriana Ribeiro; de Albuquerque, Cassiano Felippe Gonçalves; Blondet de Azeredo, Vilma; Teodoro, Anderson Junger
- Journal of medicinal food 2019 v.22 no.11 pp. 1175-1182
- biomarkers; blood glucose; blood serum; cardiovascular diseases; enzymes; fatty liver; flow cytometry; heart; hepatocytes; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; high fat diet; interleukin-1beta; interphase; liver; lycopene; metabolism; mitosis; neoplasms; rats; tomato sauce; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... This study evaluated the effects of tomato sauce and lycopene on hepatic and cardiac cell biomarkers in rats fed a high-fat diet. Animals were split into five groups: control group, high-fat group (HG), high-fat tomato sauce group, high-fat lycopene 2 mg, and high-fat lycopene 4 mg. Food and water were offered ad libitum, whereas tomato sauce and lycopene (2 and 4 mg/day) were offered daily for 60 ...