Jump to Main Content
- Chin, Young-Won, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of medicinal food 2017 v.20 no.8 pp. 727-733
- anti-inflammatory activity; colitis; colon; dextran sulfate; dose response; drinking water; inflammation; mangosteens; mice; phosphorylation; transcription factor NF-kappa B; weight loss
- ... In this study, the anti-inflammatory effects of mangosteen extract (MGE) on dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)–induced colitis in mice and nuclear factor (NF)-κB pathway modulation were investigated. Acute colitis was induced by administering 3% DSS in drinking water for 7 days, and three groups of Institute of Cancer Research mice were treated with 30 and 120 mg/kg MGE or 5-aminosalicylic acid for 7 da ...
- Chin, Young-Won, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of medicinal food 2016 v.19 no.2 pp. 148-154
- AMP-activated protein kinase; adipogenesis; alanine transaminase; aspartate transaminase; blood serum; body weight; energy metabolism; free fatty acids; glucose; high density lipoprotein; homeostasis; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; mangosteens; metabolic diseases; mice; triacylglycerols
- ... This study investigated the effects of mangosteen on metabolic syndromes in high-fat (HF) diet-fed mice and the underlying mechanisms related to adipogenesis. Mangosteen-supplemented mice gained significantly less body weight, compared with the HF group. The levels were markedly elevated in HF mice for serum glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase, glutamate pyruvate transaminase, glucose, triglycerid ...