Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Jianzhong, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of medicinal food 2016 v.19 no.2 pp. 181-186
- Misgurnus anguillicaudatus; animal disease models; antihypertensive effect; blood serum; body weight; hydrolysates; hypertension; kidneys; oral administration; rats; sodium; systolic blood pressure; triacylglycerols
- ... Ala-His-Leu-Leu (AHLL) was isolated and purified from the loach (Misgurnus anguillicaudatus) hydrolysate in our previous study. The aim of this study was to investigate the antihypertensive effects of angiotensin-I-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitory peptide AHLL in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRs). AHLL showed good antihypertensive effects in SHRs during the long-term oral administration and ...
- Zhou, Jianzhong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of medicinal food 2017 v.20 no.3 pp. 243-250
- P-glycoproteins; absorption; active transport; bioavailability; epithelium; human cell lines; humans; intestinal absorption; multiple drug resistance; pH; permeability; secretion; temperature; verapamil
- ... The transport behavior and absorption mechanism of Ala-His-Leu-Leu (AHLL) intestinal absorption in Caco-2 cell monolayers were clarified systemically. The safe absorptive concentration of AHLL was 200 μg/mL, which was determined by the 3-(4,5-dimethyl-2-thiazolyl)-2,5-diphenyl-2H-tetrazolium bromide assay. The permeation of AHLL was concentration dependent in a bidirectional transfer and reached a ...